Greater Cleveland Peace Officers Memorial Society®
Put your order in now for GCPOMS merchandise!
We invite you to shop our online products. With your purchase, you are supporting the operation of this organization whose purpose is to honor fallen officers. This website features selected memorial merchandise. All memorial merchandise will be available at certain GCPOMS Merchandise Sales.
- Message from the President
- Survivor's Corner: Father Doug Brown on Officer William G. Brown
- Badges of Courage: Father Doug Brown
- Remembering Detective James Skernivitz
- Heads up on 2021 Police Week Events
Watch the Virtual Commemoration
Hello friends -
We invite you to watch this video of our commemoration ceremony from Friday, May 15 at 9 a.m., when the Greater Cleveland Peace Officers Memorial Society read the names of fallen officers. Every year during Police Week the Society holds a ceremony at the Memorial to honor the memory of those officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
Keeping The Promise... to never forget our fallen heroes.®
Honoring the service of fallen peace officers, ensuring that they are never forgotten and providing assistance and emotional support to their families. We serve Cuyahoga, Lake, Lorain, Geauga, Medina and Northern Summit counties.
What We Do
We Honor Service to the CommunityEach year in May, the Police Memorial Society remembers fallen officers during the Greater Cleveland Police Memorial Commemoration, a schedule of events for family, friends and the entire community. The 35th Annual Greater Cleveland Peace Officers Memorial Society Commemoration will coincide with Police Week in 2020. Events include:
- Greater Cleveland Police Memorial Parade
- Greater Cleveland Peace Officers Memorial Service
- Public Safety Fair & Expo: Exhibits and interactive displays by first responders on Saturday of the Commemoration.
- Cleveland International Tattoo
Enjoy the stirring sounds and pageantry of the Pipes and Drums, marching bands, drill teams, dancers and choruses. A heart-pounding and high energy salute to our safety forces, our armed forces . . . our country!
- Samuel H. Miller Lifetime Achievement Award
- PO Anthony J. Johnson Memorial Police Officer of the Year Award
- Patrolman Norman A. Drew Memorial Citizen of the Year Award
- Lance Corporal Andrew W. Nowacki Memorial Veteran of the Year Award
- GCPOMS President's Award